C&D Reclaims Money
Construction & Demolition Recycling (C&D) is mixed material associated with construction and demolition. The material could include wood, cardboard, plastic, metal, wire, Sheetrock, roofing shingles, concrete and more. By separating and recycling different materials it reduces landfill use and tipping fees, while also producing value-added products.
The materials can be used for the following:
- drywall can be ground for landfill cover (instead of soil), reducing green house gas emissions
- wood is best used for biomass or mulch
- concrete and rock can be crushed and utilized for roads, buildings, and other construction needs
- metal is sold for scrap steel and copper
- roofing shingles can be ground and mixed into asphalt mixes for roads and parking lots
- resell architectural salvage and appliances
- plastics and clean cardboard can be recycled
A Peterson Machine That's Right for You
Peterson horizontal grinders with the R+ package are an ideal tool for primary reduction of Construction & Demolition Recycling. R+ equipped Peterson horizontal grinders turn the rotor at a slower speed and have heavier duty internal components to handle the tramp metal often found in this application.
- Impact Release System that ejects uncrushable material for non-stop grinding
- Modified grate supports and reinforced Baffle Plates
- pinned rotor for quick hammer replacement
- heavy duty grates and grate support
- optional Crossbelt Magnet hung over the discharge belt to remove and recover metal.
The Peterson Heavy-Duty 8-Pass Carbide Overlay Bit with rails provides the toughness and durability needed in the Construction & Demolition Recycling application where irregular feed material is common. Eight passes of carbide protects the forging while the rails securely lock onto the holder minimizing the shock of side load impacts.
When grinding C&D material on location or at a waste facility, the goal is to quickly reduce material for efficient, economical transport, or to maximize landfill space through material compaction. A combination of 6” hex grates followed by 8” hex grates will achieve the high production required for this application.